Saturday, October 22, 2005

Disturbing Dreams

This is post 14 of Section II. To begin at the beginning, go here. Section II begins here.

Today, after Chloe explained as tactfully as possible that Athena was a goddess (not a women), that Furies had only one “r,” and that perhaps Orestes and Apollo ought to come into the paper, too, even though neither was a women, Jeff said, “You know, this paper has really been tearin’ me up, Miz Weems. The night before it was due, after I finished rottin’ it, I went to bed kinda late, you know, and then I dreamed you called me about it in the middle of the night.”
“Really?”
“Yes ma’am. I was in bed, an’ everything.”
“What part of it did I want to talk to you about?”
He fingered his cross. “I don’t know. I guess you just wanted to be helpful. But it was pretty scary, too. In the dream, I mean.”
“Well, I try to be helpful, not scary. But whatever works.”
He patted her shoulder. “Oh, it was just the dream. I had another dream about you, too.”
“Oh?” queried Chloe. She felt relieved that her office mates were out.
“Yes ma’am, but in this one I was supposed to be having dinner with my fiancée at my parents’ house, you know? Only instead of Jennifer, it was you there, and you were really big.” He paused. “I guess that one was kinda disturbing too. Sorry.”
“Oh that’s all right, Jeff,” Chloe said lightly. “By the way, have you ever heard of Freud?”

Continue

5 Comments:

Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Devil get thee out! But you know, when a woman first starts teaching, they are almost the same age as the students. Those hormones make more than Jeff's pimples pop up. Take out the religion and it might be about Indie when he started college.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

I had an econometrics professor my age in college. She was a huge pain in the butt, despite the lively topic (Chi-squared, heteroskedasticity, prrrrrrrr) but I can't say my mind never went there.

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never did anything improper (as a teacher, I mean), but there sure were some cute, smart guys I tutored in Daily Themes when I was 23.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

This is pure unadulterated evil talk.

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alice, dear, you are way to acerbic to be a Bar of Soap.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home