Friday, February 03, 2006

Another Weirdo?

This is post 5 of Section V. To begin at the beginning, go here. Section II begins here. Section III begins here. Section IV begins here, and Section V begins here.

Stephen appeared to ponder this. “Well, o. k.,” he said doubtfully. “But let me tell you, I am so bad at computer games I think you better tell me all about the game first. Whoa!” he said, flinging up a hand as she launched into incoherent floods of explanation. “Let’s start with the main characters. Who are they, what do they try to do, and why?”
Lizzy sighed heavily. “Too hard to explain. I think we should watch the video.”
“But see,” Stephen said, “I need to know how to play the game. So I thought we could sort of act it out.”
Lizzy looked at him appraisingly. He had seemed cool, but maybe he was just weird.

Continue

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom & Icy said...

I remember when I was a kid, I did a lot of real playing, but also a lot on paper, similar to what we do now on a computer. I would draw squares on a sheet of paper and draw stick figures in the squares. Then I made a paper tv and cut out the screen so that when I moved the tv over the squares, it showed one scene at a time like I was watching a movie. That's about the same as I do now with the cartoon program.

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! It has really amazed me as a parent to see how early kids show their talents and passions.
It saddens me to think kids who spend all their time with trashy electronic media won't discover these.

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home