Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Chloe Gets Smart***

***This post is not suitable for children or the delicately nurtured.

This is post 23 of Section II. To begin at the beginning, go here. Section II begins here

He squeezed her breast, then prodded her with the gun. “Go git the beer, sugar.”
They walked in an absurd robotic synchronization to the big drafty kitchen, where she opened the refrigerator and saw the bottle of fancy pepper sauce he had brought from the Farmers’ Market in Atlanta. A cowboy winked from the label.
As clearly as if he had spoken to her, Chloe felt what she must do. “Mind if I have one too?” she asked, and was relieved that her dry throat conveyed just the right touch of meekness.
“Waal,” he drawled (“What bad acting,” she found herself thinking), “That’s the first intelligent thing I’ve heard you say, Red.”

Continue

4 Comments:

Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Hmmmm. Wonder what she could be up to?

6:33 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

I know this is kind of off on a tangent here, but the International Farmer's Market in Decatur or Harry's?

She's going to hit him with the bottle, isn't she?

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lula: What deranged Catholic school rave forces attendees to impersonate Mary Magdalene?

Doug: I think I meant Harry's. I was only there once or twice, with Dad.
I'm very intrigued by your secret life. There should be an Asinine News post, I'm thinking.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

I hope there is not going to be much blood but on the other hand I hope she really hits him hard.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home