Sunday, November 27, 2005

Exit Bennett

This is post 15 of Section III. To begin at the beginning, go here. Section II begins here. Section III begins here.

Gwen intercepted them, aghast. “Edward, what do you think you’re doing?” she asked, over the screams.
“What you told me!” he yelled back, not letting go. “Taking an interest.”
“Gramma! Don’t let him take me!” Lizzy cried desperately, struggling to break free. It was touch and go getting the door open with one hand and holding Lizzy and the dogs with the other, but Bennett managed. He just caught a glimpse of Chloe, looking pale and shocked on the stairs, as he slammed the door.

Continue

9 Comments:

Blogger Doughboy said...

You seem to have a lot on your mind. Good Luck to you. Can't really comment on the read but that it was very profound and thought provoking.
Keep bloggin'
I'll keep readin'
Keep Your Head Up
Peace-Out

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Doughboy. Be sure to start at the beginning. Or go right to Part II for the quasi-rape.

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm caught up! Thanks for the linkage. I already linked your other blog on "Good Vibrations." I'll link this one to my writing blog, Silken Threads if I haven't already.
I liked the action building here. I enjoy reading someone who employes a varied and vast vocabularly. Excellent dialogue words such as "aghast and gramma (the familiar as opposed to stiff grandma), as well as verbs "intercepted" and "struggling."

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great, Silvermoon. Thanks for the compliments, and their specificity.

5:15 AM  
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

That does make you think a lot. Like stimulating.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

"Taking an interest" is a Cool Hand Luke quality line.

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd forgotten that. I do remember, "What we have here is a failyer to commUNicate."

6:35 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

I'm still following it , probably for all the reasons stated by silvermoon....kidding...

what is a cool hand luke kind of line?

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Smart" Alic: Are you seriously telling me you have never even heard of COOL HAND LUKE? The movie where Paul Newman's character eats 50 "aigs," gets put in "the box" a couple of times, and finally . . .
GO SEE IT. What's the good of being in NYC if you don't see old good movies??
I'm still flattered by your attention, but turn off the damn computer and get to the cinema.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home