Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Politically Incorrect

This is post 43 of Section III. To begin at the beginning, go here. Section II begins here. Section III begins here

She smiled. There was a pause. “Ed?”
“Yes?”
“Did we drive Robert to homosexuality?”
Bennett sighed and looked out the window at the dilapidated farms. It was a victory, but hollow, like most. “Do you remember what you said when I asked you that, oh, about ten years ago?”
She held up a hand. “I know, I know. I should be ridden out of PFLAG on a rail for even thinking such a question. It’s utterly bigoted and narrow-minded, not to mention self-defeating and negative parenting of the worst kind. But did we?”
They were on the highway now. Bennett leaned over and kissed her. “Careful,” he said. “Your human limitations are showing. You know I can’t resist them.”

Continue

5 Comments:

Blogger Doug The Una said...

Aw

5:06 AM  
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

So touchy-feely. They're not going to get all kissy face and have a wreck and get killed and that's the end?

4:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would leave the problem of Lizzy unresolved and the gay marriage ceremony still to come.

5:16 AM  
Blogger Gel said...

It fits with your story for them to wonder if they "drove their child to homosexuality", but that deviated notion bothers me. I think that's a major reason for your plot, though.(If I misinterpreted, I'm sorry.) I feel like your story is giving awareness to real life, but I won't know until it's finished. It keeps my attention!

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GEL: If I'm understanding you right, I agree. That's why the parents are so self-conscious about it. But I think it must be natural to wonder.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home