Sunday, November 06, 2005

Chivalrous Jeff

This is post 28 of Section II. To begin at the beginning, go here. Section II begins here

Jeff was able to put her mind at ease on quite a few points.
“You can stay at my place for a while, Miz Weems, if you don’t mind a trailer. My roommate’s always at his girlfriend’s anyways.”
“Thank you, Jeff. I think maybe, just for tonight I could go to a motel, but if I won’t bother you too much—God, I can’t ever repay any of this. But I’ve got to get my daughter somehow, and my car’s in the shop again.”
“Where’s she at?”
“She’s at her grandmother’s near Greensboro. Do you think you could take me to the bus station tomorrow? I hate to put you to so much trouble.”
“No problem.”

Continue

5 Comments:

Blogger Doug The Una said...

Greensboro. That explains a lot.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Oh. And when he finally does get loose, he'll put a warrent out on her and take the kid away. Or try. And his mom will take his side. And the student is facing six months in jail and expulsion by Minnie Strator. Not to mention what they'll do to her. Wonder what Emotional Junky says about this? But daddy Ed will come to the rescue. Or mama drama. Right, Doug?

What's this? My verification word is TIEWAG

10:12 AM  
Blogger Gel said...

Cynical me doesn't trust Jeff at all...

2:37 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

Nor do I , trust Jeff that is.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug: I really don't know that much about Greensboro, though I know a lot of people who play in the symphony up there. I chose it mostly for geographical reasons, though there is something about a certain kind of Southern mom that seems to fit. . .

T&I: Daisy must be putting up the verifying words today.

GEL and Alice: Ah doan think yer frum araound here.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home