Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Trust in the Lord

This is post 30 of Section II. To begin at the beginning, go here. Section II begins here

“You know, Miz Weems, you could place your trust in the Lord,” Jeff said, as they neared D. C. “I know you’d like our church. There’s a lot of nice folks there could help you find the answers you’re lookin’ for.”
“Jeff, why don’t you get one of those TV thingies in your truck like they show in commercials?” Elizabeth interrupted.
“We’ll talk about that later, o. k. Lizzy-Beth?” Chloe said. She mused for a moment. It would be so easy to do that, to just go to church for all the answers the way she used to go to the Psychology section of Bookworld.
“’Cause my friend, Breanna, from Wee Care? Her daddy got one in their new van, and now she says she loves to go on trips. She used to hate it.” Elizabeth was not easily deterred from her favorite subjects.
“That’s very interesting, Lizzy, but Jeff and I are talking about grown-up things right now. We have to take turns when we talk.”
“Pooey on that. Right Jeff?”
It wasn’t until some time later, when Lizzy’s mouth was temporarily occupied with Kentucky Fried Chicken, that Chloe answered him. “I believe God wants us to make our own plans. I think that’s how we find out His.”
Jeff plunged his fork thoughtfully into his mashed potatoes. “You are one deep lady, Miz Weems,” he said.

Continue

3 Comments:

Blogger choirgirl said...

Hi Wiersdo. Great site. I will read from the beginning when I'm on christmas vac. In the mean time, thanks for your comments on Hegemony at my blog. I have posted a fairly extensive reply dated Nov. 7, so it would be great if you had an opportunity to visit again.
Many thanks for your engagement and good luck with your writing
All Best
Nicol

7:06 AM  
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

You mean... after we screw up, then we realize what He wanted us to do. But isn't that too late?

8:23 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Tom, all the best I've ever done was the result of bad decisions. I buy Chloe's philosophy.

Kids are annoying.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home