Friday, October 07, 2005

Boy in the Hood No More

This is post 19 of Section I. To begin at the beginning, go here. "Little Gay Riding Hood" begins here.

“Then at last, Little Straight Riding Hood knew that he was really a wolf, and that the cloak had all along been to protect them from him, and he was wondering how to reveal all this to his wife, because it would devastate her, when she came home and said she’d been wanting to talk to him for some time.
“‘You know, you have big, pointy, hairy ears,” she said.
“‘Um,’ he said.
“‘And yellow, wandering eyes.’
“‘Um.’
“‘And a long bushy tail.’
“‘But it’s all the better to—’
“‘You’re a wolf,’ she interrupted. ‘And it IS all for the best, because I can’t tell you how guilty I have been about my feelings for this hunter I met. . . .’

Continue

7 Comments:

Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Is Ed having an epiphany in Jack's story which he hasn't really had in real life yet? This is like Shakespeare having a play within the play, a story within a story.

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No. Ed's at home. But I think dinner was something of an eye-opener for him.

3:38 AM  
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

I mean there seems to be two different Ed Bennett characters now. One in your story and a different one in Jack's story. It looks like Ed is his own foil.

4:59 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Really well told. Very funny.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

T&I: No, Jack is the protagonist of his story. Ed's not in it.

Doug: Thanks. Watch out, Pansi will get jealous.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Oh. That is a story about Jack and Stephen and Jack breaking up with his wife. I got confused about that. So Jack is sort of a foil to Ed.
I am just not thinking right since Doo-Doo Girl almost hit me with that truck. I thought she was going the other direction.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

T&I: You need to show Mr. Banana more respect.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home